The Orpheus Club of Newark is a glee club that performs twice a year in Madison, NJ. Historically a male club, we now include women who can sing 1st-tenor parts.
Our concerts are held on Sunday afternoons at Grace Episcopal Church in Madison.
The Orpheus Club now has a real domain name. Please link to us from now on at http://www.orpheusnewark.org.
If you would like to sing with the Orpheus Club, call Don Singalewitch at (973) 822-0298.
Since we have had no snow-outs, the scheduled rehearsal for Easter week on April 22nd has been canceled.
We had our first rehearsal of the season on the 11th, and it looks as though it will be an interesting concert. The main concert will be at Grace Episcopal Church in Madison, NJ, on May 18th.
Rehearsals will continue at Roseland Methodist Church on Tuesdays.
Orpheus has an Atom feed, which can be used by most Windows web browsers (not, however, by Google Chrome), and by many e-mail readers. Most web browsers can access it from this homepage by clicking an icon like this: or this: , either at the end of the URL field above or sitting to its right.
Until then, you can use the index page.
Note that this new Atom feed replaces the old RSS feed that existed before May, 2012. If you subscribed to that, you should drop it when you subscribe to the new feed.
- Concert schedules and programs
- How to become an Orpheus Club patron
- Complete calendar of rehearsals and performances for this season
- Maps to our various locations
- The Yellow Kid, the Latest and the Greatest, a novelty song of 1896 revived by the Orpheus Club in 1996
- A medley from Sir Arthur Sullivan's Ivanhoe, performed by the Orpheus Club in 2002
- For members, the Learning section, featuring recordings of music we are rehearsing
We also have a Facebook page.